Texas Air Coolers

Texas Air Coolers Web Site

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Pay Pal  FaceBook  Business_Page  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I may end up with a 56 safari bus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: I may end up with a 56 safari bus   Wed 15 Oct 2008, 9:41 pm

I talked to a guy today and I may be ending up getting a 56 safari bus, supposedly it came from the factory like that. also had some kind of camper conversion done on it because he kept talking about wood cabnets and table that were pulled out years ago and stored in the attic. says it was painted lots of years ago with a brush (black & yellow)and looks like a bumble bee going down the road. also says there is no major rust on the outside anywhere and it is complete. the seats he said have bad covers on them. I am supposed to be getting pictures this weekend
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: I may end up with a 56 safari bus   Sat 25 Oct 2008, 9:04 pm

still waitin on the pics, he said his daughter would probly be able to send them on wednesday. he also has a ragtop bug. and 15 other bugs, only 3 pre 67's. soon as I get the pics I'll call and talk to him and see what we can get worked out and see if it will be worth my while to go get it/them. gonna be a pretty good haul to get to where they are at.
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: I may end up with a 56 safari bus   Mon 27 Oct 2008, 12:29 am

distance is the key on this, it will not be a couple hour trip Wink
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: I may end up with a 56 safari bus   Mon 26 Jan 2009, 9:16 pm

not sure if it will be worth messing with, the old guy was describing to me what the bus looked like 25 years ago. he said after closer inspection he would come down on the price but driving 850 miles to get it is where I'm having the issues. here are the pics I got

Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: I may end up with a 56 safari bus   Mon 26 Jan 2009, 10:30 pm

but,,, this is one that I might end up going after , I think he said this is a 58. note the tree growing out the ragtop!

Back to top Go down

I may end up with a 56 safari bus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Texas Air Coolers :: VolksWagens-
Jump to: