Texas Air Coolers

Texas Air Coolers Web Site

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Pay Pal  FaceBook  Business_Page  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: video of running the car   Sun 27 May 2012, 12:01 am

just an FYI: flip cell phone can be made to double as (but don't like being used as) a dash cam

bungeed mine to the dash and used a ziptie to keep it open

Back to top Go down

LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Sun 27 May 2012, 9:38 am

it isn't bad, you don't realize how good it is until you go in something else
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Sat 09 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm

it has been a long time since I've been able to post any pictures of the beast.

in this next picture I used a stock wheel & tire to give reference to how high it sits, I have 14.5 inches off the ground clearance

the guy that lives in a little house across from the shop does auto graphics he did all of the stickers on the car and decided I needed sharks teeth on the nose Roll On Floor Laughi

The EDR Race in September was at No Trees Tx which is a little bit northwest of Odessa. on average Odessa gets 5 inches of rain a year, well it decided to dump most of that on us on race day! I set the car up to run a desert race and ended up running a mud bog. it started raining at 6 o'clock that morning and according to the thermometer in the truck it said the outside temperature was 55 degrees, my co-drivers cell phone said it was 52 degrees. race started at 9 o'clock and it was still raining (rained all day) so being we had no windows in the car and it was cold outside you can imagine what happened!

there were 20 Vehicles showed up to run the race, the course was 57 miles long and from the start finish line it was 29 miles back to the hot pits. the race was supposed to be a5 lap race with a 9 hour time limit. Of the 20 vehicles that started the race only 9 were able to complete 1 full lap, only 3 were able to complete 2 and when the last one was on his 3rd they said if he makes it back in we're calling the race. when he made it back into the finish line at in between 430 and 5 o'clock he had steam spewing from his radiator cap and from underneath the truck they said the temp gauge was pegged.
We were able to make it back to the hot pits (half a lap, 29 miles) kept having to stop and blow the mud and water off of the coil so we can start it again. a couple of times we stopped you could not see any of the stickers or paint on the car, the last 4 or 5 miles there was no mud only rocks and rain show it washed a lot of the mud off of the car. it still took an hour and a half to wash most of it off when I got back home. all in all we had a blast! can't wait to see what the next race has install for us

this last picture is 1 of the many mesquite thorns that are in the tires (tire slime is a good thing)
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

sorry it took me so long show you guys what I ended up with

will be keeping everyone posted on the building of car #2
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:31 pm

Have a 930 cv kit coming in for it now, should be in in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

I am almost finished with the upgrades to the beast, got firewall made and installed, battery relocated behind it, new 5-point harnesses. Also got 930 cv upgrade. Woot
Back to top Go down
LowFatBug
Desert Racer

PostSubject: Re: Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build   Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:02 pm

Here are some pics of the air cleaner system I made for the Beast, used 2 stock breather boxes off of 74 up bugs.

Back to top Go down

Desert racing my unconventional class 5 unlimited build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Texas Air Coolers :: Off Road Racing-
Jump to: